These topped seed crackers make a really cute lunch and are great for entertaining as they look a little bit fancy! With a savoury option of cream cheese, radish and cucumber and a sweet option of tahini with warm apple slices and cinnamon, they should satisfy both those that love a savoury option and those of us with a sweet tooth!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This is at no extra cost to you, and is much appreciated support towards the running of the blog.
Why you'll love this recipe
- Fun snack - these will satisfy a sweet tooth or pick a more savoury option!
- Healthy - full of goodness from the seeds, and toppings.
- Easy to make - once you have your crackers, it's super simple to add the toppings.
See the recipe for the multi-seed crackers to make those first!
There are just a few pantry staples for the toppings:
- Cream cheese, cucumber, radish and sesame seeds - for the savoury crackers.
- Apple, tahini and (optional) cinnamon - for the sweet crackers.
Step by step instructions
Make the seed crackers and allow to cool.
For the savoury crackers, simply spread with cream cheese and hen top with slices of cucumber and radish, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
For the sweet crackers, warm apple slices in a pan in a little butter until they have slightly softened. Then top the crackers with the apple, tahini and sprinkle of cinnamon (if using).
More snacks to enjoy
Lots of tasty ideas for your mid-afternoon snacks:
Savoury and sweet topped seed crackers
- cream cheese
- sesame seeds (black or white variety)
- Make the seed crackers.
- On a low heat, cook the apple slices in butter for around 5 minutes until warmed through.
- For the sweet topping, spread the tahini on the cracker and then top with the warm apple slices and sprinkle with cinnamon (if using).
- For the savoury topping, spread with cream cheese, and then add the cucumber and radish slices and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- See the recipe for the seed crackers first, and then add your toppings!
- cinnamon scores 0 but is rated higher on other lists.
- tahini (sesame) scores 1. Please note that it is a potential allergen.