Roasted zucchini and potatoes
This is a simple but delicious side that goes well with meat, fish or vegan dishes, and is such a classic. Most of the time is spent in the oven and it has minimal ingredients. Serves 3-4.
Servings: 3 servings
- 1.5 lbs potatoes cut into halves or quarters if required
- ½ large zucchini sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 4-5 thyme sprigs
- 1 green onion optional, sliced
- parsley optional, to garnish
Add the potatoes to boiling water (lightly salted). Reduce to a light simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200C. Pour the oil into your roasting tray and heat in the oven for 4-5 minutes.
Add the potatoes to the roasting tray, and move around to coat in the oil. Roast for 25 minutes. Then add the zucchini and thyme and roast for a further 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes and zucchini are fully cooked through.
Plate up in your serving dish, scatter on the green onion (if using) and sprinkle over some parsley.
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- It's important to first parboil the potatoes, as roasting without this step would take far longer.
- Make sure to heat the roasting tray for at least a few minutes before adding the potatoes.
- Check the potatoes are fork tender, and roast for a few more minutes if required.
- green onion / spring onion is not rated on the SIGHI list.