Rosemary chicken fillets (pan fried)
These rosemary chicken fillets with turmeric are flavoured with herbs and spice, and make for an easy weeknight dinner. Pan fried rather than baked, they are quick to make with minimal 'hands on' cook time. A dairy-free and low histamine recipe. Serves 2 people.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 chicken breasts cut into small fillets
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves picked, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tablespoon apple juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove finely diced
- black pepper optional
- oil for frying
Place the chicken breast fillets in a bowl and add the apple juice, oil, garlic, turmeric, rosemary, salt and pepper (if using). Combine so the fillets are coated in the herbs and spices. Cover the bowl and marinate in the fridge for an hour or so (low histamine readers see note above).
In a large pan, heat a little oil and then fry the chicken fillets for 4-5 minutes on each side or until they are cooked through. Use a meat thermometer for an internal temperature of 165F or ensure the chicken is white throughout.
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- Cut the chicken breasts into smaller pieces if required.
- If you are here for the low histamine aspect of the recipes, then note that you may wish to skip marinating time if you are sensitive to histamine formation on food.
- Check the internal temperature of the chicken (should be 165F) or ensure the chicken is white throughout. Adjust cooking time dependent on the size and thickness of the fillets.
- chicken rates 0 but has a note that it is highly perishable and rapid formation of histamine.
- garlic, which scores 1.
- black pepper, which scores 2.