Maple ginger chicken tray bake
This maple ginger chicken tray bake with fennel is a tasty fall dish, and perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Gluten-free and low histamine, it serves 2 generously.
Servings: 2 people
- 2 chicken breasts divide into smaller pieces if required
- 1 small squash
- 1 fennel fronds removed, de-cored and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- small handful thyme leaves
For the maple ginger dressing
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 cm ginger grated
- 1 garlic clove finely diced or minced
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper optional
Preheat the oven to 200C.
Make the maple ginger dressing by combining all the ingredients and stirring well.
Arrange the squash, fennel and blueberries on a baking tray and drizzle over half the dressing. Toss to combine. Add the chicken breasts to the tray and spoon over the remaining dressing. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked through (internal temperature of 165F).
Garnish with fresh thyme leaves, and then serve.
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- If your chicken breasts are on the larger side, then cut into smaller pieces.
- Try to spoon the dressing over the chicken so that it acts as a marinade.
- To ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked, use a meat thermometer and check for an internal temperature of 165F.
- ginger, which scores 1.
- garlic, which scores 1.
- black pepper, which scores 2.