Honey roasted vegetables with rosemary
These honey roasted vegetables with rosemary make a lovely side dish, with a touch of sweetness and a herby hum from the rosemary. A simple recipe packed with flavour and so healthy too! Vegetarian, gluten free and low histamine.
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium beetroot
- 2 large carrots diced
- 2 parnsips diced
- 1 large sweet potato diced
- 3-4 rosemary sprigs
- ¼ cup honey
- 2-3 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper optional
Preheat the oven to 200C / 390F.
Place the diced vegetables, with the exception of the beets, in a large baking dish. Drizzle over the olive oil, honey and sprinkle with salt and pepper (if using). Nestle the rosemary sprigs in between the vegetables.
Drizzle the beets with a little olive oil and then wrap in aluminium foil. Place on a separate baking tray.
Bake the vegetables for around 45 minutes or until fork tender and with browning on the edges.
To serve, dice the beetroot and then add into the dish with the other vegetables.
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- Dice the vegetables into pieces of a roughly similar size so they cook evenly in the dish.
- Cook the beets separately as they need to be wrapped, and may also make the other vegetables a little purple!
- black pepper, which scores 2.