Blueberry hemp smoothie
This blueberry hemp smoothie is a fruity and fun breakfast smoothie, packed with goodness and plant-based protein. Makes one large serving or two small servings. Vegan, gluten free and low histamine recipe.
Servings: 2 servings
- 2 cups blueberries
- ¼ cup blackcurrants optional
- 1 cup hemp milk adjust quantity to preference
- 2 tablespoon oats
- 1 tablespoon hulled hemp
- 1 teaspoon milled chia optional
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup adjust amount to preference
- ice to preference
Pour the milk into the blender, and then add the other ingredients. Blend to a thick smoothie.
Taste, and adjust to taste with more milk (to thin) or maple syrup to sweeten.
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- Add the milk to the blender first as it helps prevent sticking of the other ingredients to the blender cup.
- I suggest beginning with one teaspoon of maple syrup and adding more to taste preference after blending (then re-blend).
- Adjust the amount of milk to preference.
- The milled chia can make the smoothie a little thicker and even gelatinous in texture. Leave out if you prefer.
- non-dairy milk will have variable scores depending upon ingredients.