Broccolini slaw (without mayo)
This broccolini slaw is light and fresh, with the best crunch and a tasty mint dressing. Perfect for summer picnics, lunches and BBQs.
Servings: 6 servings
- 8 broccolini stems finely diced
- 2 cups white cabbage shredded
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 large carrot grated
- small handful mint leaves diced
For the mint dressing
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or white distilled vinegar
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper optional
Make the mint dressing by adding all the ingredients to a blender and blending to a dressing. Taste test and adjust with more oil or vinegar to preference.
Finely dice the broccolini. See the notes in the post above for more details.
Add all the vegetables to a bowl and drizzle over the dressing. Toss to combine.
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- Dice the vegetables, particularly the broccolini and cabbage very finely as they are slightly tougher vegetables.
- Combine the dressing well with the slaw so all the vegetables are fully coated.
- Adjust the ingredients for the slaw, particularly the mint and garlic, to taste preference.
- red cabbage scores 0, but has a ? as a liberator.
- broccolini is not rated on the list. Broccoli scores 0.
- apple cider vinegar scores 1. Note that some people cannot tolerate vinegar at all, and can omit from the recipe.
- garlic, which scores 1.
- black pepper, which scores 2.