Apple Ginger Turmeric Shots
These apple ginger turmeric shots are light and fresh, and a perfect accompaniment for your breakfast or as an afternoon treat. Make with or without the turmeric to preference.
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 small apples cored, roughly chopped
- 2 cm fresh ginger root peeled, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric optional, increase to preference
- pinch black pepper optional
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- Add the turmeric (if using powder) a sprinkle at a time along with the apple and ginger pieces, rather than separately.
- For a less intense juice you can dilute with a little water.
- Both the turmeric and the black pepper are optional. Black pepper is higher histamine (see below) so my low histamine readers may wish to leave this out.
- Please note that nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
- ginger, which scores 1. There is a note stating 'small amounts are well tolerated'.
- black pepper (if using), scores 2.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.03g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg