Apple Ginger Turmeric Shots
These apple ginger turmeric shots are light and fresh, and a perfect accompaniment for your breakfast or as an afternoon treat. Make with or without the turmeric to preference.
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 small apples cored, roughly chopped
- 2 cm fresh ginger root peeled, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric optional, increase to preference
- pinch black pepper optional*
*A note for my low histamine readers - black pepper scores as higher histamine on the SIGHI list, so you may wish to leave it out.
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- Add the turmeric (if using powder) a sprinkle at a time along with the apple and ginger pieces, rather than separately.
- For a less intense juice you can dilute with a little water.
- Both the turmeric and the black pepper are optional.
- Please note that nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
- ginger, which scores 1. There is a note stating 'small amounts are well tolerated'.
- black pepper (if using), scores 2.
Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.03g | Sodium: 3mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 161IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg