Grilled herb turkey kabobs
These grilled herb turkey kabobs are perfect for summer BBQs or indoor grilling for all the family. A simple but flavourful marinade is used, that is very simple to make. The recipe makes 4 kabobs.
Servings: 4 kabobs
- 1 lb turkey breast fillets diced into bite-size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper diced into chunks
- ½ zucchini diced into chunks
For the marinade
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoon fresh herbs diced, tightly packed
- 2 garlic cloves minced, optional
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper optional
Make the marinade by combining the ingredients in a container or bowl that can be sealed. Stir well.
Add the diced turkey to the container and stir well to coat in the marinade. Set aside in the fridge for up to two hours (optional).
Preheat the grill and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Thread the turkey and vegetables onto your skewers. Grill for 20 minutes or until the turkey is cooked through with an internal temperature of 165F. Cook time will vary depending upon the size of the turkey pieces and/or, if you are grilling outdoors, the temperature of your BBQ.
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- Adjust the amount of herbs to taste. You can always add more for extra 'herby' flavour.
- Cut the turkey into roughly similar size pieces so they cook evenly.
- My low histamine readers may wish to cook the kabobs straight away, rather than leaving them to marinate.
- apple cider vinegar, which scores 1.
- garlic, which scores 1.
- black pepper, which scores 2.
- coriander, if using, scores 0 with a ? as a liberator. It has a note 'only small amounts are well tolerated'.