Elderflower fizz mocktail
This elderflower fizz mocktail is a fun non-alcoholic drink perfect for parties, BBQs and picnics. Delightfully sweet with a hum of herbs from the rosemary.
Servings: 2 servings
- 4 tablespoon elderflower cordial
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 teaspoon pomegranate arils
- ice cubes
- sparkling water
- 2 tablespoon apple juice optional
Slap the rosemary against your palm to help release the oils.
Fill your glasses to about halfway with ice, then add 2 tablespoon of the cordial to each glass. If using, pour in the apple juice. Top with the sparkling water, give it a stir, then sprinkle in the pomegranate and add your rosemary sprig. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- The apple juice is optional, and the drink is flavourful without it. Alternatively, if lemon or lime juice is suitable for you, then a squeeze would be nice and turn this into a kind-of elderflower mojito mocktail!
- Don't forget to smack the rosemary! Seems odd I know, but it helps release the oils to flavour your mocktail.
- Adjust the amount of cordial to taste. If you have a sweet tooth you may like a little more.
- Stir the cordial and sparkling water mix so they combine, before adding the fruit and rosemary.
- Any summer fruit, particularly fresh berries, would be nice if you don't have pomegranate.
- elderflower cordial scores 0 on the SIGHI list. However, be sure to check your cordial to check that you are able to tolerate all its ingredients.
- sparkling water isn't rated on the list.