Mango Ginger Mocktail
This mango ginger mocktail combines fresh sweet fruit with a hint of spice for a fun non-alcoholic drink perfect for summer.
Servings: 3 servings
- 1 mango peeled, stone removed, roughly diced
- 3 cm fresh ginger peeled, roughly diced, adjust amount to preference.
- sparkling water or club soda
Add the mango and ginger, along with a tablespoon of water, to a blender and blend to a puree.
Strain the mango mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl, or use a cocktail strainer to strain into your glasses. Discard the puree left in the sieve.
Spoon or pour the puree in the bowl equally amongst your glasses. Top with ice, then pour on sparkling water or club soda. Stir to combine. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGH) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- Adjust the amount of ginger to preference, adding more or less depending on how much spice you like.
- I suggest not to skip the step of straining the mango mixture. I tried on a recipe test and it frothed up in a not-so-pleasant way when I topped with the sparkling water.
- As an alternative you can blend the mango, strain, then top with ginger beer rather than using fresh ginger.
- Please note that nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
- mango, which scores 1 and has a ? as a liberator. There is a note, 'To be debated. Is often well tolerated'.
- ginger, which scores 1. There is a note, 'Small amounts are well tolerated'.
- sparkling water isn't rated.
Calories: 42kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 0.3g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.05g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 1mg | Potassium: 120mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 747IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 0.1mg