Sweet potato nachos (without beans)
These vegetarian sweet potato nachos combine lots of fresh vegetables with fresh mozzarella and a simple tahini sauce. Without beans or wheat, these vegetarian sweet potato nachos are suitable for a gluten-free and low histamine diet.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 medium sweet potatoes peeled, cut into rounds
- ½ bell pepper sliced
- ¼ cup corn
- ½ ball fresh mozzarella pulled into bite size pieces
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika more to taste
- salad leaves (avoid spinach if low histamine)
- pinch salt
- pinch black pepper optional
For the tahini sauce
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon warm water
Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with parchment paper. Once at temperature scatter the sweet potato and bell pepper onto the tray. Drizzle them with olive oil, and sprinkle sweet paprika over the sweet potatoes. Bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through and the potatoes are slightly brown at the edges.
Make the tahini sauce by combining the tahini and water, and stirring well until it comes together as a thick sauce. If you prefer a thicker texture add more tahini, or add water for a thinner consistency.
Arrange your sweet potatoes on a plate, and add the bell pepper, corn, mozzarella and salad leaves. Drizzle over the tahini sauce and sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper, if using. Enjoy!
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance
All ingredients in this vegetarian sweet potato nachos recipe score 0 on the SIGHI list with the exception of:
- The sweet potatoes should be slightly crispy on the edges and soft in the middle.
- Adjust the amount of spice to preference.
- If you follow a low histamine diet then you may wish to check that your mozzarella doesn't come in vinegar.
- tahini, for which sesame rates 1.
- black pepper, which rates as 2.
- ensure any salad leaves are low histamine.