Apple ginger mocktail
This apple ginger mocktail is a fun and fruit non-alcoholic drink that is perfect for a summer night or holiday celebrations. Makes 2-3 glasses.
Servings: 2 glasses
- ⅛ cup fresh ginger grated
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- sparkling water
- 3 thyme sprigs and more for garnish
Add the grated ginger, cane sugar and thyme sprigs to a bowl. Muddle the mixture by pressing and stirring so the mixture combines. This helps the ginger to release its juice. Pour on the apple juice and ½ cup sparkling water. Leave to stand for 10-15 minutes.
Strain the mixture through a sieve into a jug. Discard the ginger mixture. Pour into your glasses and top with sparkling water. Garnish with a thyme sprig and enjoy!
Swiss Interest Group Histamine Intolerance (SIGHI) food compatibility list for histamine
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- Make sure to give the ginger a good bash! This will help it release the juices and give more flavour.
- Use freshly juiced apple if you are sensitive to that from a carton.
- Adjust quantities of apple juice and sparkling water to preference.
- ginger, which scores 1. There is a note stating 'small amounts are well tolerated'
- apples score 0, but be mindful of additional ingredients in pre-prepared juice.