These cream cheese stuffed sweet potatoes with roasted vegetables are a quick and easy lunch or light dinner. It only takes a few minutes of prep and then the oven does the work. You'll love these stuffed baked sweet potatoes for a family dinner!
These stuffed sweet potatoes are easy to do, healthy and a filling vegetarian option that both kids and adults alike will love. Pair with a fresh salad, or some more veg on the side for even more goodness!
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- Comfort food - baked potatoes and cheese? The best cosy combination loved by kids and adults alike!
- Versatile - can be made for lunch or a light dinner.
- Simple recipe - very little 'hands on' time to make this tasty recipe!
Make sure to check the recipe card below for the full list of ingredients and their quantities!
These stuffed sweet potatoes need very few ingredients. You will need:
- Sweet potatoes - they come in all different sizes, so pick how hungry you are! You may need to adjust cook time accordingly.
- Cream cheese - I suggest using a brand with as few additives as possible.
- Mixed fresh herbs - choose your favourite.
- Bell pepper and zucchini - always delicious roasted as they get a nice sweetness.
- Olive oil - to cook the vegetables.
- Salt - to season.
📖 Swaps and variations
Choose the fresh herbs of your choice. I like parsley, mint and basil, but coriander and thyme are also lovely.
Use a vegan cream cheese. If it is suitable for you, and you would like a vegan option, then a vegan cream cheese should work well.
🔪 Step by step instructions
Making these cream cheese stuffed sweet potatoes is very simple, with just a few steps:
Wash and dry the potatoes, then pierce a few times with a sharp knife. Place on a lined baking tray and begin to bake them (image 1).
Once the sweet potatoes have baked for around 15 minutes add the bell peppers and zucchini to the baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Cook for a further 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are fork tender (image 2).
Add the cream cheese to a bowl and stir through the fresh herbs (reserve a little of the herbs to garnish).
Once cooked, plate up the sweet potatoes and slice lengthways. Use a fork to 'fluff-up' the potato flesh. Add the cream cheese and vegetables. Sprinkle with a little extra fresh herbs and salt to taste.
💭 Recipe tips and notes
- Adjust cooking time. If your sweet potatoes are on the larger size, they may need another 5-10 minutes in the oven.
- I suggest choosing a cream cheese with as few additives as possible.
- Dice the bell peppers and zucchini into bite-size pieces.
- Choose the fresh herbs you like best!
🍲 More tasty and easy lunches
Looking for some tasty lunch ideas? Then perhaps you may like to see the salads, soups and other options, including my reader favourite of roasted vegetable pasta salad and sweet potato fritters. Some recent recipes:
Cream Cheese Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Small bowl
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 4 tablespoon cream cheese
- handful mixed fresh herbs diced
- ½ bell pepper diced
- ½ zucchini diced
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 390F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Prepare the sweet potatoes by washing and piercing with a knife 5-6 times. Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes until tender. Cook time will depend upon the size of the potatoes.
- Once the sweet potatoes have baked for around 15 minutes add the bell peppers and zucchini to the baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil. Return to the oven to continue to bake along with the potatoes.
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and stir through the fresh herbs (reserve a little of the herbs to garnish).
- Once cooked, plate up the sweet potatoes and slice lengthways. Use a fork to 'fluff-up' the potato flesh. Add the cream cheese and vegetables. Sprinkle with a few extra fresh herbs and salt to taste.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Always pierce the sweet potatoes before baking.
- Baking time for the sweet potatoes will depend upon the size of the potato. Check after 45 minutes by piercing into the middle with a fork or knife.
- Choose fresh herbs that you like the most!
- Please note that nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.