This carrot cake porridge is a fun and flavourful breakfast idea, with so many healthy ingredients to start your day. Perfect for a cold winter's day, and I think kids will love it too!
And for another cosy fall breakfast, my spiced pear porridge is very delicious!
This carrot porridge is full of fall flavours, with hints of spice and a dash of maple syrup. It's very simple to make, and goes down well with both kids and adults alike.
⭐ Why this recipe is so good
- Feels like dessert: with all the cosy fall flavours and maple syrup, this is a healthy but indulgent breakfast.
- Easy to make: a super simple breakfast idea that takes very little time.
- Sneaks in some veg: you get vegetables for breakfast, what could be more healthy?!
All the ingredients and their quantities are set out in the recipe card below
You only need some carrots and pantry staples for this porridge:
- Oats: use certified gluten free oats if required.
- Carrots: these are grated, and their natural sweetness comes out when cooked in the porridge.
- Pumpkin seeds: for some crunch.
- Non-dairy milk: choose the option that suits you best.
- Maple syrup: for that all-important hint of sweetness.
- Cardamom: for a little kick of spice.
- Cinnamon: optional, but adds a lovely hint of spice.
🔪 Step by step instructions
A super simple recipe that takes very little time, making it perfect for a weekday breakfast. Just a few steps to make this carrot cake porridge:
Add all the ingredients to a pan, with the exception of the toppings, and bring to a very light simmer. Stir continuously for a creamy texture. Pour in more milk if you prefer a thinner consistency.
Spoon into your bowls, and drizzle with more maple syrup if you have a sweet tooth! Serve immediately and enjoy.
💭 Recipe tips and notes
- Porridge always gets more creamy with more stirring, so do so frequently!
- Try not to let the porridge boil, just have as a very light simmer.
- If you prefer not to use milk, then you can use water only, or half water and half milk. Adjust the amount to the consistency you prefer.
- Adjust the amount of spice and maple syrup to taste preference.
🥣 More tasty breakfast recipes
Carrot Cake Porridge
- Add all the ingredients to a pan, with the exception of the toppings, and bring to a very light simmer. Stir continuously for a creamy texture, for approximately 8-10 minutes. Pour in more milk if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Spoon into your bowl, and add the toppings if using.
- Stir frequently for a creamy porridge.
- Try not to let it boil, just have at a light simmer.
- Adjust the amount of milk to your preference.
- If cinnamon works for you, then you can add a touch as well.
- Please note that nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
All ingredients score 0 on the SIGHI list, with the exception of:
- non-dairy milk has variable scores.
- cardamom scores 0 but has a note that some varieties may not be well tolerated.