These grilled peaches with honey are a fun dessert for all the family, and so quick and easy to make. Add pistachios, pumpkin seeds and blueberries for a sweet and tasty crunch!
Love all the sweetness of honey? Do check out my honey mug cake for next time!
If easy and fruity sweet treats are as popular in your family as they are mine, then you may like to see my two ingredient mango sorbet and crumble topped baked peaches. Both fruity and delicious!
And for something really decadent, I know you will love my passion fruit possets!
These peaches and honey make the most of juicy summer fruit, and have the best creaminess from the coconut cream and sweetness from honey. Simply swap out for maple syrup to make it a vegan dessert!
This recipe was updated on 14 July 2022. Please note that it is now a vegetarian recipe, although there are swaps given below to make it suitable for a vegan diet.
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- Fruity and delicious - peaches are always good, but grilling them makes them even sweeter.
- Healthy - having grilled peaches for dessert is actually packed with goodness!
- Easy to make - a very simple recipe but one that looks as though you made some effort, so perfect for entertaining.
All the ingredients and their quantities are set out in the recipe card below.
Such a simple recipe, with only a few ingredients. You will need:
- Peaches - choose ones that are fairly ripe. If not they will still be quite hard, even after being grilled.
- Coconut cream - the harder cream on the top of the can, rather than the liquid.
- Blueberries - halved as a topping.
- Pistachios - make sure to use ones that aren't salted or roasted.
- Pumpkin seeds - for a good crunch.
- Honey - for a touch of extra sweetness.
📖 Variations on the recipe
Swap the nuts used. Instead of pistachios you can always use pecans if they work for you.
Use maple syrup instead of honey. This would make the recipe suitable for a vegan diet. Agave syrup also works well.
Use regular dairy cream. Regular cream can be used if you are not vegan and it is suitable for you.
🔪 Step by step instructions
Making these grilled peaches with honey is very simple, and requires just a few steps:
Make the coconut cream. This can be done in two different ways, to preference:
- Scoop the top of the can of coconut and heat very gently for just ten seconds or so in the microwave so that it turns into a cream texture. Make sure not to heat for too long or it will turn very runny.
- Use a hand mixer / whisk or stand mixer to whip the top of a can of coconut milk into peaks of cream. This tutorial for whipped coconut cream is helpful.
Grill the peaches by placing on a grill (or BBQ in the warmer months) until they are softened and juicy.
Plate up the peaches and drizzle with the coconut cream and honey. Scatter the nuts, seeds and blueberries on top.
💭 Recipe tips and notes
- Use ripe peaches as they will soften nicely when grilled and have much more flavour.
- Adjust the grilling time slightly depending upon the ripeness of the peaches. The more ripe the peaches, the less grilling time they will need.
- If grilling indoors, place a baking tray with some parchment paper on it under the peaches. They will catch any juice that drips from the peaches and help save time on cleaning the oven!
- There are two ways to make the coconut cream, and both are good. See above for more details on each.
- Make sure to use pistachios that aren't salted or roasted as that wouldn't taste good.
- Swap out the toppings for nuts and seeds you prefer, or have to hand. Some added berries would also be nice.
📋 Frequently asked questions
Yes, the peaches need to be ripe so they soften when cooked and have that delightful sweetness.
Yes, of course if you prefer!
You can grill for a few more minutes and add even more honey!
🍰 More desserts to enjoy
Lots of tasty treats to satisfy a sweet tooth! Find ideas such as my spiced poached pears and on my blackberry apple crisp on my desserts page. Some fun and delicious recent recipes to enjoy:
I’m always in the kitchen, so come join me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest to be the first to hear of new recipes. And please do leave a star rating ⭐⭐⭐ if you've tried the recipe!
Grilled Peaches with Honey
- Stand mixer or electric hand whisk
- 4 peaches halved, de-stoned
- 4 tablespoon coconut cream or more to preference
- 2 tablespoon blueberries halved
- 2 tablespoon pistachios crushed
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- To make the coconut cream you can either gently warm the hard top of a can of coconut milk (not the liquid) for a few seconds, or use a mixer or electric hand whisk to whisk the coconut cream (it needs to be chilled before whisking).
- Place the peaches on the grill, and grill for around 5 minutes each side until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Plate the peaches, drizzle with the coconut cream and honey and sprinkle with the pistachios, pumpkin seeds and halved blueberries.
- Adjust the cooking time for the peaches. If they are more ripe then you will likely need a few minutes less.
- Coconut cream can either be gently heated to become creamy in consistency or whipped with an electric hand mixer.
- The peaches can also be grilled on a BBQ in the summer months.
- Swap out the nuts and seeds for those of preference, if required.
- Please note that nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
Leave a Reply