This air fryer celery has a delicious light sweetness, a bit of crunch and is so good as a tasty vegetable side dish! Quick and easy, it's ready in just 10 minutes!
Much like my air fryer cauliflower and broccoli and air fried bok choy, this air fryer celery is the quick and easy side dish you'll come back to over and over again! Perfect as a nutritious vegetable side? Check. Takes 10 minutes or less? Check. Full of flavor? Check.
So simple to make, cooked celery has a lovely sweetness and we use a touch of garlic and salt to really bring out the flavor. Pair with my air fried pesto chicken thighs, air fried boneless chicken thighs or my air fried cod for a tasty weeknight meal.
⭐ Why this recipe is so good
Cooked celery sweetness. While raw cold celery can feel a little bland, cooking celery really brings out a delicious sweetness.
Tender, but still with a crunch! Cooked celery softens a little, but still retains that good crunch we all love.
Quick and easy. We use a few pantry staples and then air fry up this celery in just 10 minutes.
All the ingredients and their quantities are set out in the recipe card below.
Some notes to help guide you:
- Celery - available year-round, grab a celery that is fresh, unbruised and definitely isn't soft or soggy!
- Garlic powder - this is optional, but a pinch adds a little extra flavor.
- Olive oil spray - used to spray the celery and air fryer basket to help prevent sticking and to give the celery a little bit of a crispy texture.
📖 Swaps and variations
Add some herbs. If you want extra flavor, you can add a pinch of thyme, oregano or Italian herb seasoning to your celery after spraying with olive oil spray.
Dice a little smaller. I suggest dicing to about an inch thick if you would like to use the celery sticks to dunk into dips and sauces as an appetizer, but you can also dice smaller to use as a side dish (cook time may be a little shorter).
🔪 Step by step instructions
Making these air fried celery sticks is very easy, with just a few steps:
Step 1: Dice the celery
Use a sharp knife to dice the celery stalks into small pieces, about an inch thick (image 1).
Step 2: Air fry the celery
Lightly spray the air fryer basket with olive oil spray. Add the diced celery in an even layer, with a little space between the pieces. Spray lightly, then sprinkle on the salt and garlic powder (image 2).
Set the air fryer for 8 minutes at 390F / 200C. Shake the basket after 3 minutes. If you like softer celery, air fryer for longer in 2 minute intervals.
💭 Recipe tips and notes
- Dice the celery into roughly similar size pieces for an even cook time, of around an inch thick.
- Give the air fryer basket a shake after three minutes.
- Continue to air fry in 2 minute intervals if you like more browning to your celery.
- Air fryers vary slightly in temperature depending upon their model, with some running hotter than others. Adjust the cook time as needed.
📋 Frequently asked questions
Cooked celery has a lovely light sweetness to it.
Celery is the stalk (or stem) of the plant, whereas celery root (also known as celeriac) is the root of the plant.
Air fried celery is softer than cold, raw celery but still has a degree of crunch to it!
You can easily air fry celery to make a tasty appetizer, snack or vegetable side dish. Air frying celery brings out the sweetness, and it's very quick and easy to do.
Air frying celery takes between seven and ten minutes, depending upon the temperature of your air fryer and the thickness of your pieces of celery.
🍽 How to serve air fried celery
- If you love an all-air fryer meal (like I do!), then make a delicious meal with my air fried turkey burgers to pair with this celery.
- Serve as an appetizer with a dipping sauce such as my yogurt-free tzatziki or my cottage cheese dill chip dip.
- Pair with sandwiches, baked potatoes or salads such as my couscous and sweet potato salad and my apple and quinoa salad.
🥬 More air fryer vegetable side dishes
I'm always in the kitchen, so come join me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest to be the first to hear of new recipes! And I love to hear from you - so please do leave a star rating ⭐⭐⭐ if you've tried the recipe!
Air Fryer Celery
- 3 celery stalks
- 1 teaspoon olive oil spray
- pinch salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder optional
- Slice the top and tail off the celery stalks, then dice into pieces roughly an inch thick.
- Spray your air fryer basket lightly with olive oil spray, then add the celery to the basket in an even layer with a little space between them. Spray the celery lightly, and then sprinkle over the garlic powder and salt.
- Air fry the celery for 7-8 minutes at 390F / 200C, shaking the basket after 3 minutes. If you like softer celery, air fry for longer at 2-3 minute intervals. Use tongs to remove the celery from the basket as it will be very hot.
- Dice the celery into pieces of roughly the same size for an even cook time.
- The garlic powder is optional, but does give a nice flavor!
- Continue to air fry the celery in 2 minute intervals if you like more browning.
- Nutritional information is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
- garlic, which scores 1.