This apple and pear smoothie is creamy and delicious, and makes for a healthy breakfast smoothie or mid-afternoon snack. Made with just six ingredients, it is very quick and easy to make.
Smoothies are always perfect for a good dose of healthy ingredients, and on repeat in my home. You may also like to see my apple blackberry smoothie and cherry blueberry smoothie for more fruity goodness!
This apple smoothie is very simple to make and uses the fruit I always have on my shopping list, as well as pantry staples. Smooth, creamy and oh-so-healthy too.
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- Fresh and fruity - packed with apples and pears, this is so light and tasty.
- Made without banana - we use oats instead of banana in this smoothie, to thicken and make it a little more hearty.
- Quick and easy - just a few ingredients, this smoothie is made in minutes.
Just six ingredients, and mostly pantry staples. You will need:
- Apples and pears - any variety should work well, but I tend to use conference pears.
- Oats - used in place of banana to thicken. Use gluten free oats if required.
- Non-dairy milk - use the type that works best for you.
- Cinnamon - this is optional but adds a nice hint of spice.
- Maple syrup - also optional. The smoothie is sweet without, but if you have a sweet tooth you may like a little drizzle of syrup.
📖 Variations to the recipe
The cinnamon and maple syrup are optional. My low histamine readers may prefer to leave out the cinnamon or use a tiny pinch of cardamom instead.
🔪 Step by step instructions
Easy to make, this fall smoothie (but enjoy year-round!) comes together very quickly. Just a few steps:
Dice the apples and pears. It doesn't have to be precise as they will be blended. Be sure to peel first, and de-core.
Add all the ingredients to a blender (or I use a Nutri-Bullet) and blend to a thick consistency. Add ice cubes to taste preference.
💭 Smoothie making tips
- Add the milk to the blender cup first, and then the other ingredients. This helps prevent the oats from sticking to the bottom of the cup.
- You can leave out ice altogether, or add a cube at a time until it has the consistency you prefer.
- This is quite a thick smoothie. To make it less thick you can first blitz the oats to a finer consistency, and blend all the ingredients for longer.
📋 Frequently asked questions
I suggest using a sweet pear such as conference pears, Bosc or Bartlett pears. Make sure they are ripe too!
Steel cut oats would be too thick for this smoothie. Old fashioned rolled oats work best.
No, simply leave out if you prefer. It will still taste delicious!
🔪 Equipment needed
- Food processor (or I use a Nutri-Bullet)
- Knife to chop the fruit
🍐 More smoothie recipes to enjoy
Apple and Pear Smoothie
- Dice and peel the apples and pears.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend to a thick consistency. Add ice to preference.
- Pour the milk into the blender first, then add the other ingredients to help prevent them from sticking to the cup.
- Add ice a cube at a time to taste preference.
- The cinnamon is optional.
- For a thicker smoothie, add a touch more oats.
- Please note that nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
- pear scores 1.
- cinnamon scores 0 on the SIGHI list, but other lists rate it as higher histamine.
- non-dairy milk has variable scores.