Equally perfect for summer drinks or fall and winter celebrations with friends and family, this pear ginger mocktail is deliciously sweet and zingy! Made with just 4 simple ingredients, it's super easy to do and doesn't require any fancy equipment.
Ginger always packs such a punch with its zingy, spicy flavor don't you think? This sparkling ginger pear mocktail combines this tasty spice with sweet fresh pear juice and fragrant mint. It's so quick and easy to make and will impress your guests!
For something light and refreshing, my hugo spritz mocktail is perfect for summer drinks!
⭐ Why this recipe is so good
Refreshing and zingy! Pear is deliciously sweet and pairs so well with the ginger for its spicy peppery flavor.
Non-alcoholic drink for kids and adults. As an alcohol free drink, all the family can enjoy this fun sparkling pear drink at parties, BBQs and celebrations!
Quick and easy. We simply blend the pear and ginger, strain and top with some bubbles!
All the ingredients and their quantities are set out in the recipe card below.
Some notes on a few of them:
- Pears - you can choose your favorite pears, but I suggest to use a sweet pear such as a conference pear or Bartlett pear.
- Ginger - we are using fresh ginger root rather than ground ginger for this drink.
- Mint - choose fresh leaves!
- Sparkling water - I suggest to use a plain unflavored water or club soda.
📖 Swaps and variations
Add some ginger beer! If you like a super gingery taste, then pour in a little ginger beer alongside your sparkling water.
Swap fresh pear for pear juice. While I like to use fresh pear, you can use pear juice from a carton if that works for you.
🔪 Step by step instructions
Making this homemade ginger pear mocktail recipe is very simple, with just a few steps:
Step 1: Dice pears and peel ginger
De-core the pears and roughly dice into small pieces. Peel the root ginger and dice into small pieces (image 1).
Step 2: Add ingredients to a blender
Add the diced pear, diced root ginger and mint leaves to a blender cup with a tablespoon of water (image 2).
Step 3: Blend the pear ginger puree
Blend the pears, ginger, mint and water to a puree, making sure the root ginger has blended (image 3).
Step 4: Strain the ginger puree
Place a small strainer over your glasses and pour the puree through (image 4). Use the back of a small spoon to help it along. I suggest using about an inch of puree. Top with ice and sparkling water to serve.
💭 Recipe tips and notes
- Make sure to use perfectly ripe pears as they have a delicious sweetness, which under-ripe pears lack.
- Adjust the amount of ginger. You may like to add even more spice to your mocktail!
- Use the back of a small spoon to press the pear ginger puree through the strainer into your glasses.
- Give the mocktail a stir before serving to combine the puree with the sparkling water.
📋 Frequently asked questions
Fresh ginger is spicy, zingy and has a warming flavor.
If you love a very zingy ginger mocktail then you can easily pour in some ginger beer or ginger ale too. My low histamine readers may like to see my ginger beer without yeast recipe!
Yes, you can swap out fresh pears for pear juice.
🍹 More fun mocktails
I'm always in the kitchen, so come join me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest to be the first to hear of new recipes! And I love to hear from you - so please do leave a star rating ⭐⭐⭐ or comment if you've tried the recipe!
Pear Ginger Mocktail
- 2 pears de-cored, diced
- 1 inch ginger root peeled, roughly diced
- 1 tablespoon mint leaves
- sparkling water
- De-core and roughly dice the pears. Remove the skin from the ginger root and dice into small pieces.
- Add the pears, ginger and mint leaves to your blender with one tablespoon of water. Blend to a thick puree.
- Place a small strainer over your glass and pour the ginger puree through. Use the back of a small spoon to help it along. I suggest using roughly an inch of the strained puree in your glass, but adjust to taste preference. Add ice and top with sparkling water and a sprig of mint to serve.
- Adjust the amount of ginger to taste. The recipe gives a nice 'zing' but you may like more!
- Use the back of a small spoon to press the pear and ginger puree through the strainer into your glasses.
- Give the mocktail a stir before serving to combine the ginger and sparkling water.
- Nutritional information is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
- Pears and ginger score 1.
- Sparkling water isn't rated.