Deliciously sweet and tart, this green apple mocktail is just the thing for your next drinks party or for entertaining! It's a tasty homemade non-alcoholic made with just 3 ingredients that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
As soon as the sun begins to shine I do love a fun mocktail for a weekend treat, or sometimes just to sip on while working(!). Much like my passion fruit mocktail and lychee mocktail, this green apple mocktail recipe makes the most of sweet fruit. It's still got a hint of that tart Granny Smith apple flavor but mellowed out a little with a sweetener!
If this recipe feels like a bit of an appletini mocktail, then we do use some similar ingredients to the famous appletini cocktail!
Love all things apple for your drinks? My apple juice mocktail is lightly spiced with ginger for another fun option!
⭐ Why this recipe is so good
Sweet yet tart. Using green apples gives us the best balance of flavors.
Minimal ingredients. No complicated list of items to put on your shopping list, we use just three main ingredients.
Super simple. All easy steps, and you just need a pot, wooden spoon and your mocktail glasses to make this tasty green apple drink.
All the ingredients and their quantities are set out in the recipe card below.
Some notes on a few of them:
- Green apples - I suggest using Granny Smith apples to make the apple syrup as they have a delicious taste and are easy to find in the store.
- Honey - this adds sweetness to balance out the tart green apple flavor.
- Sparkling water - for your mocktail bubbles!
📖 Swaps and variations
Adjust the ratio of syrup and bubbles. We all like different levels of fruit juice, so change up the amount of the apple syrup you use per glass to preference.
Swap sparkling water for club soda. Both work well in this sparkling apple mocktail for some fizz.
Add a squeeze of lemon juice. If citrus works for you (likely not my low histamine readers), you can add a squeeze to the syrup.
🔪 Step by step instructions
Making this green apple mocktail is very easy with just a few steps:
Dice the apples. De-core your Granny Smith apples, and dice into small pieces (image 1).
Combine the green mocktail ingredients. Add the diced apples, honey and still water to a large pot (image 2).
Cook the apple syrup. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce and simmer for 15 minutes (image 3). Help the apples break down by pressing with a wooden spoon once they have begun to soften. Set aside to cool.
Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl or jug. Pour about an inch of the apple syrup into the bottom of your glasses. Top with sparkling water, add ice to preference and enjoy!
💭 Recipe tips and notes
- Dice the apples just before you begin to cook as they will brown very quickly.
- Adjust the amount of honey to taste. If you don't have a sweet tooth and prefer the tart flavors, reduce the quantity a little.
- I like to cool my syrup more quickly by transferring the pan somewhere out of direct heat and out of the kitchen where it tends to be warmer after cooking.
📋 Frequently asked questions
Granny Smith apples have the best tart taste, with a hint of sweetness from being cooked along with a sweetener, for making a green mocktail.
Green apples typically have a tart taste, unlike red apples which tend to be much sweeter.
Most apple juice is sweet, whereas this mocktail has the lovely tart flavor of fresh green apples. If you can find a suitable apple juice it's an option though!
🍽 How to serve
Having a fun drinks party or little gathering and looking for some appetizers to serve alongside your green apple mocktails?
- Serve my whipped ricotta crostini as a tasty and very easy to make finger food that feels quite elegant.
- Both kids and adults alike always love my cream cheese stuffed mini peppers!
- It wouldn't be a party without some dips, so check out my whipped ricotta dip and my cottage cheese tzatziki and serve with crudites and crackers.
🍹 More fun mocktails
Find so many tasty mocktails here, including my popular summer peach mocktail and elderflower fizz mocktail. Some recent recipes:
I'm always in the kitchen, so come join me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest to be the first to hear of new recipes! And I love to hear from you - so please do leave a star rating ⭐⭐⭐ and comment if you've tried the recipe!
Green Apple Mocktail
- 3 green apples such as Granny Smith apples
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 2 cups still water
- sparkling water or club soda
- De-core the green apples and dice into small pieces.
- Add the apples, still water and honey to a large pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to a light simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Press against the apples once they have softened to release more of the juices. Set aside to cool.
- Strain the mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl of jug. Then pour about an inch of the apple syrup into the bottom of your glasses. Top with sparkling water, add ice to preference and enjoy!
- Dice the apples just before you begin to cook as they will brown quickly.
- Adjust the amount of honey to taste preference. They balance out the tart flavor of the apples, but use the amount that works for you.
- Nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
- sparkling water is not rated.
Leave a Reply