This mango ginger mocktail is fun and fruity, with a hint of spice that gives so much flavour! Easy to make in just ten minutes, and so perfect for summer parties and BBQs.
With the sun blazing and a heatwave imminent, it's definitely cooling drinks for me rather than a hot cup of tea right now! If you love mocktails as much as I do, then be sure to check out my popular blueberry honey mocktail and my refreshing cucumber and mint mocktail!
For something elegant for evening drinks, my spiced pomegranate mocktail is very delicious!
And if it's mango that's your thing, check out my fruity mango coulis for oatmeal and desserts!
This fun drink is a kind-of version of a mango mule mocktail. We keep the mango ginger flavours, but use fresh ginger in place of ginger beer. It's a little healthier, with fresh spice and less sugar, but still delightfully tasty for a hot summer day!
⭐ Why this recipe is so good
Tropical flavours. Mango is always delicious, but even more so during summer parties and picnics!
Fresh fruit and spices. This is a 'few ingredients' mocktail, using fresh produce and some bubbles. So actually very healthy!
Quick and easy. There isn't any cook time for this flavourful non-alcoholic drink, so it's very simple to make. Perfect for a last-minute social occasion.
All the ingredients and their quantities are set out in the recipe card below.
- Mango - you want a fresh, unbruised mango that is perfectly ripe so it has the best sweetness. Underripe and it won't have as much flavour.
- Ginger - fresh ginger root (definitely not dried ginger!).
- Sparkling water - I suggest a plain water that hasn't already been flavoured.
📖 Swaps and variations
Swap fresh ginger for ginger beer. To make it a more 'real' mango mule mocktail you can swap out the fresh ginger and sparkling water, and use ginger beer instead. My low histamine readers may wish to check ingredient labels when choosing a ginger beer.
Swap sparkling water for club soda. Both are good options for this drink!
🔪 Step by step instructions
Making this mango mocktail is quite simple, with just a few steps:
Blend the mango, ginger and a tablespoon of water in your blender.
Strain the mango mixture, either by using a cocktail strainer straight into your glasses, or through a sieve placed over a bowl. Discard the puree left in the sieve (or just enjoy with another dish!).
Divide the mango mixture equally between your glasses, then top with ice. Pour on the sparkling water and give it a stir to combine. Garnish with fresh mint leaves and serve immediately.
💭 Recipe tips and notes
- Adjust the amount of ginger to preference. Add more for a spicy mocktail!
- Be sure to use a fresh mango. An underripe mango won't be as sweet or juicy.
- Don't skip straining the mango mixture. I made the mistake of not doing so when recipe testing, and it wasn't the best . . . The drink had too many lumps, wasn't smooth and it frothed up a great deal when I added the sparkling water.
📋 Frequently asked questions
You can use mango juice, but I would say that fresh fruit is better! If using juice you would likely want to use more juice and less sparkling water.
As they do not contain alcohol, mocktails should be kid-friendly!
Mocktails are best made and served immediately so the sparkling water or club soda still has some bubbles!
🍸 More fun mocktails
Find a collection of fun mocktails, including my delicious cherry mocktail and refreshing sparkling elderflower mocktail. Some recent recipes:
I'm always in the kitchen, so come join me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest to be the first to hear of new recipes! And please do leave a star rating ⭐ if you have tried the mocktail!
Mango Ginger Mocktail
- 1 mango peeled, stone removed, roughly diced
- 3 cm fresh ginger peeled, roughly diced, adjust amount to preference.
- sparkling water or club soda
- mint leaves
- Add the mango and ginger, along with a tablespoon of water, to a blender and blend to a puree.
- Strain the mango mixture through a fine mesh sieve into a bowl, or use a cocktail strainer to strain into your glasses. Discard the puree left in the sieve.
- Spoon or pour the puree in the bowl equally amongst your glasses. Top with ice, then pour on sparkling water or club soda. Stir to combine. Garnish with mint leaves and serve immediately.
- Adjust the amount of ginger to preference, adding more or less depending on how much spice you like.
- I suggest not to skip the step of straining the mango mixture. I tried on a recipe test and it frothed up in a not-so-pleasant way when I topped with the sparkling water.
- As an alternative you can blend the mango, strain, then top with ginger beer rather than using fresh ginger.
- Please note that nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
- mango, which scores 1 and has a ? as a liberator. There is a note, 'To be debated. Is often well tolerated'.
- ginger, which scores 1. There is a note, 'Small amounts are well tolerated'.
- sparkling water isn't rated.
Leave a Reply