This peach smoothie without yogurt combines fresh fruit, coconut and oats with a hint of sweetness from maple syrup. It's a fresh breakfast smoothie or light snack that comes together in just five minutes!
Smoothies are such a healthy breakfast or snack, and always feel a bit indulgent with their delightful sweetness. If you are a smoothie lover too, then you may like to see my apple and pear smoothie and cherry blueberry smoothie. Both tasty and easy to make!
And if you like your smoothie a bit more hearty, my blueberry pear smoothie has both oats and hemp for protein and carbs to start your day.
Back to this peach smoothie without yogurt . . . it really makes the most of summer peaches and is so creamy and moreish. We don't use yogurt or banana, and instead have a pinch of oats to thicken. Quick, easy and delicious!
⭐ Why you'll love this recipe
- Taste of summer - there are some ingredients that just go together, and peaches and cream is one of them. Perfect summer smoothie!
- Vegan peach smoothie - we swap traditional cream or yogurt for non-dairy milk, desiccated coconut and oats. Still creamy and delicious but without dairy.
- Easy to make - just one step for your smoothie and it takes a few minutes to come together!
All the ingredients and their quantities are set out in the recipe card below.
Some notes on a few of them:
- Peaches: the most delicious summer fruit, make sure they are ripe for the best sweetness.
- Desiccated coconut: this adds a 'creamy' flavour. Blend the smoothie fairly well so it isn't too 'bitty' from the flakes. I like the Terrasoul organic coconut flakes.
- Non-dairy milk: used in place of yogurt, use the type that suits you best.
- Oats: I suggest using old fashioned rolled oats rather than steel cut oats or fine quick-cook oats.
📖 Swaps and variations
Choose non-dairy milk of your choice. Coconut milk (the type in a carton rather than a can) will add to the creamy flavour.
Swap maple syrup for agave nectar. Both work equally well to sweeten the smoothie!
🔪 Step by step instructions
Making this peach smoothie without yogurt is very simple, with just two easy steps:
De-stone your peaches and add to a blender.
Add the other ingredients to the blender. I suggest adding the non-dairy milk first as it will help to stop the oats from sticking to the sides. Then blend until smooth and creamy.
💭 Recipe tips and notes
- Pick perfectly ripe peaches. They will give all the flavour, and under-ripe just won't have that delicious sweetness.
- No need to peel the peaches, just de-stone them.
- Blend well so the coconut combines with the other ingredients.
📋 Frequently asked questions
No need to peel, just make sure to de-stone before adding to the blender.
We use oats to thicken the smoothie, which means that is suitable as a vegan smoothie. Use gluten free oats if you have that dietary requirement.
I always pour in the liquids first as it helps prevent the oats and syrup from sticking to the blender cup.
🍽 More tasty smoothies
Peach Smoothie (without Yogurt)
- 2 peaches de-stoned
- ¼ cup oats gf if required
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut plus more as a topping
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- Pour the milk into your blender, then add all the other ingredients. Blend well for your smoothie!
- Add ice to preference and serve immediately.
- No need to peel the peaches, but definitely make sure you de-stone them!
- Blend well so that the desiccated coconut is blended into the smoothie.
- Use coconut milk for extra coconut flavour!
- Maple syrup can be swapped for agave syrup.
- Please note that nutritional information is offered as a courtesy. It is auto-generated and should be understood to be an estimate.
- non-dairy milk has variable scores.