Is there anything cosier than a warm drink on a cold winter day? Full of flavour and caffeine free, these delicious warm milk recipes are the perfect swap for a cup of coffee!
If you're not too keen on coffee, then you will love these caffeine free hot milk drink recipes! They feel like such a treat and are so warming and cosy for when you need ten minutes (maybe more!) curled up on the couch with a tasty drink.
I'm sharing these 10 delicious drinks to make with milk at home, which are all full of flavour with added ingredients that are so tasty. I know you will find one (or many more!) that you will love!
Warm milk benefits
As well as being delicious, warm milk recipes have the benefits of:
- They are caffeine free, so perfect for those who are sensitive to caffeine or had too much coffee that day(!). They are usually kid-friendly too.
- If you love a warm milk before bed, many of the recipes below are perfect as a bedtime drink to help send you off to sleep (maybe watch the sugar content though!).
- They often have lots of health benefits from added spices such as turmeric and ginger.
- Easy to make, with most taking around ten minutes to come together.
- Many are vegan if you use non-dairy milk, and all the recipes below are gluten free too. My low histamine readers may wish to see the note below.
- Being so versatile - enjoy with breakfast, as a mid-afternoon treat or as a bedtime drink!
My absolute favourite is my honey ginger warm milk! It's so warming and cosy, with the best fall flavours and just the right amount of sweetness. Be sure to check it out!
Spiced Warm Milks
Cosy and warming, adding hints of spice to your drink gives so much flavour and health benefits too!
Turmeric Latte Recipes
Turmeric lattes (also known as golden milk) is always so popular, so here are three recipes with added spices to make them each a little different in flavour - all delicious!
Super simple, but very tasty, these steamer recipes are just the thing for a warming caffeine free drink.
For those with a sweet tooth, these fun drinks are for you!
More Delicious Drink Recipes
Looking for other options? I have you covered with:
- Fun mocktails such as my popular blueberry mocktail and elderflower fizz mocktail that are perfect for summer parties or holiday celebrations.
- Smoothies and juices such as my apple pear smoothie and mango blueberry smoothie that are packed with healthy fruit, and so good for breakfast or as a post-workout snack. My apple ginger turmeric juice is super easy to make, and such a reader favourite!
- Low histamine teas, with ideas such as my pomegranate ginger tea, lemongrass ginger tea and iced rooibos tea.
And my low histamine readers may like to check out my 25 low histamine snacks post for so many tasty options to enjoy with your drink!
A Note for my Low Histamine Readers
I have made every effort to pick recipes that are suitable for a low histamine diet, but please note that some have additional, optional, ingredients that are higher histamine such as alcohol. I would suggest not to include those ingredients if making the drink.
There are also some ingredients, such as salep, where the histamine level is not given on the SIGHI list. Please be aware of personal sensitivities and, as always, this post does not constitute medical or dietetic advice in any way.
Leave a Reply